Univair reserves the right to limit or refuse returns or refunds for any reason.
NOTE: If you received a part that was damaged during transit, please refer to our help article titled "Lost or Damage Shipments" for details on how to start the claims process.
CONDITIONS FOR RETURNS:
- All returns must be authorized in advance by calling or emailing the Univair sales department. No refunds will be given for merchandise returned without prior authorization from Univair. To request a return, we will need your name, phone number, order number, the part numbers and quantities of the items being returned, and the reason you are returning them.
- Univair will not accept returns for parts or products that were not purchased directly from us. Univair manufactured parts purchased through another retailer must be returned to them in accordance with their return policy.
- Univair will accept returns on UNUSED parts and products only. Returned items must be in resalable, unaltered, usable condition. Univair will not accept returns or issue refunds on parts or products that have been used, installed, altered, or require repairs to be serviceable.
- A 10% restocking fee will be deducted from the refund amount if it is determined that Univair is not at fault.
- Shipping costs will not be refunded, fully or partially, even if the entire order is returned.*
- Customer is responsible for paying the shipping costs on returned items.*
- A copy of your original invoice must be included with your return. We will not process a refund without it.
- PRODUCTS SOLD IN KITS: Kits must be returned with all parts, hardware, instructions, tags, labels, manufacturer's packaging, etc. included. Univair will not issue partial refunds on kits returned to us with missing items. Kits returned to Univair with missing items will be shipped back to the customer at customer's expense.
- At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return of the product(s). In this situation, note that Univair does not take ownership of the refunded items. Disposal of the refunded items becomes the responsibility of the customer, including any associated disposal costs.
*Unless it is determined that Univair is at fault.
MERCHANDISE THAT CANNOT BE RETURNED:
- Any part or product that has been installed, used, tested, or altered
- Any item that has a shelf life (paints, dopes, lubricants, solvents, batteries, etc.)
- Kits missing pieces (see #8 above)
- Parts or products sold with a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC)
- Atlee Dodge parts and products
- Manuals, books, blueprints, drawings, DVDs, CDs, and video tapes
- Products cut to size at customer’s request (sheet metal, acrylic sheets, tubing, etc.)
- Non-stock items special ordered at customer’s request
- Univair Gift Cards (see our Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions article for details)
- Clearance sale items
- Anything sold in “AS IS” condition (for example, used or refurbished parts)
ORDERS THAT RECEIVED FREE SHIPPING:
If a returned item drops the original order value under the threshold for the free shipping promotion (below $300.00 for ground or $3,000 for freight), you will be charged for the shipping fees on the original shipment. These shipping costs will be deducted from your refund. If the shipping costs exceed the amount of your refund, you agree to let Univair charge the difference to your credit or debit card on file.
- Refunds will not be issued until all returned items have been received by Univair and inspected for damage, alterations, missing pieces, etc. Univair may take up to 14 business days from the date we receive the items to approve a refund.
- Orders paid by credit card or debit card will be reimbursed on the same card you used for payment. Once we have approved your return, it may take up to 10 business days before we post the refund to your credit or debit card. Credit card companies and banks may also take several days to process the refund before you see it in your account.
- Orders paid by check, bank transfer, or cash will be reimbursed by check mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service. Check issuance may require up to an additional 14 business days on top of the return process noted above.
- Orders paid by Univair Gift Card will be refunded with store credit only.
- Univair does not offer refunds (either full or partial) on shipping charges for any reason.
RETURN POLICY ABUSE:
Univair monitors return activity and reserves the right to limit or refuse a return, exchange, or refund in all instances. Univair also reserves the right to refuse to conduct business with any customer for abusing our return policy. Determination of abuse will be made on a case-by-case basis, and entirely at Univair's discretion.
THREE WAYS TO INITIATE A RETURN:
- Call our sales office at 303-375-8882 during regular business hours and ask for the sales department
- Email your assigned salesperson
- Use our Contact Form