Most orders typically ship in 2 to 4 business days if all items are in stock.
Order processing time is 2 to 4 business days on most orders, with "processing time" defined as the amount of time between receiving your order to the moment the shipping company picks it up for delivery.
Processing time includes:
- Entering your order into our computer system
- Pulling parts from our warehouse shelves
- Packaging products for shipment
- Processing your payment
- Printing out and affixing shipping labels
- Scheduling pickup with the carrier
Univair considers an order fulfilled once the shipping company picks up your order at our warehouse.
Some points to consider:
- Order processing time is IN ADDITION TO the shipping speed you select at checkout.
Example: If you place an order on Monday and choose Overnight delivery, it does not mean you will receive your order on Tuesday. Using an average 3-day processing time, your order will be ready to ship by Thursday and delivered on Friday:
- Univair gives priority to customers who choose an expedited shipping method (i.e. overnight, 2-day or 3-day delivery) so your order will be prioritized over other orders using Standard shipping. However, the processing times will remain the same; only the shipping will be faster.
- "Business Days" defined: Univair is open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, therefore we do not process orders overnight or on weekends. We are also closed on the following 6 national holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If a holiday falls on a weekend, Univair will be closed on either the Friday before or the Monday after.
- Depending on the volume of orders we receive, orders placed late in the week may not be processed until the following week. Orders placed outside of normal operating hours (nights, weekends, holidays, etc.) will be processed on the next business day we are open.
Other conditions that will add to the processing time:
- Build-To-Order Parts: Items that we build as they are ordered, such as airframes and wing kits, can take 4-6 weeks to manufacture. Product descriptions on our website will indicate which parts are build-to-order.
- Special Order Items: Products that we do not keep in stock but are ordered from our suppliers as needed can add an additional 10 to 14 days lead time.
- Out-of-Stock / Low Inventory: Products can usually be replenished in 10 to 14 business days, although certain products may take longer. This applies to products purchased from outside sources as well as those manufactured in-house at Univair.
- Wood Crates: Shipments in wood crates may require 1 to 2 days additional time, as we build the crates in-house to fit the order.
- 8130-3 Documentation: Orders requiring this paperwork or other necessary export documentation may also require additional processing time. Contact our sales department if you need a time frame.