Most orders typically ship in 3 to 5 business days if all items are in stock.
Order processing time is 3 to 5 business days on most orders, with "processing time" defined as the amount of time between receiving your order to the moment the shipping company picks it up for delivery.
Choosing a faster shipping method (e.g. Next Day, 2-Day, 3-Day) will not speed up our in-house processing time.
Also note that UPS, FedEx and the US Postal Service do NOT guarantee delivery times, even on expedited services. For example, choosing 2-day delivery does guarantee you will receive your order in 2-days after leaving our warehouse. USE THESE EXPEDITED SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Processing time includes:
- Entering your order into our computer system
- Pulling parts from our warehouse shelves
- Packaging products for shipment
- Processing your payment
- Printing out and affixing shipping labels
- Scheduling pickup with the carrier
Univair considers an order fulfilled once the shipping company picks up your order at our warehouse.
Some points to remember:
- Order processing time is IN ADDITION TO the shipping speed you select at checkout. Customers who choose an expedited shipping method (e.g. Next Day, 2-Day or 3-Day delivery) will be prioritized over orders using Standard shipping. However, the processing time remains the same; only the shipping will be faster. Note that carriers do not guarantee their delivery times, even on expedited services. Use the expedited services at your own risk.
- "Business Days" defined: Univair processes orders Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30pm. We do not process orders overnight, on weekends, or national holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day). If a national holiday falls on a weekend, Univair will be closed on either the Friday before or the Monday after.
- Depending on the volume of orders we receive, orders placed late in the week may not be processed until the following week. Orders placed outside of normal operating hours (nights, weekends, holidays, etc.) will be processed on the next business day we are open.
Other conditions that will add to the processing time:
- Build-To-Order Parts: Items that we build as they are ordered, such as airframes and wing kits, can take 4-6 weeks to manufacture. Product descriptions on our website will indicate which parts are build-to-order.
- Special Order Items: Products that we do not keep in stock but are ordered from our suppliers as needed can add an additional 10 to 14 days lead time.
- Out-of-Stock / Low Inventory: Products can usually be replenished in 10 to 14 business days, although certain products may take longer. This applies to products purchased from outside sources as well as those manufactured in-house at Univair.
- Wood Crates: Shipments in wood crates may require 1 to 2 days additional time, as we build the crates in-house to fit the order.
- 8130-3 Documentation: Orders requiring this paperwork or other necessary export documentation may also require 1 to 2 days additional processing time. Contact our sales department if you need a time frame.