In an attempt to offer better package tracking and delivery, Univair has decided to stop using the United States Postal Service (USPS) due to the unusually high number of lost and delayed shipments we have been experiencing with them. The shipping quotes on our website are for FedEx and UPS only.
In rare circumstances, and to help you save shipping costs on small packages, we may ship an order through the postal service if you request it at the time your order is placed.
Please be aware of the following points before making this request:
- We will only honor your request to use the U.S. Post Office if the order value is under $250.00. Orders of higher value will be sent via FedEx or UPS only, no exceptions.
- Your shipment will have a tracking number. You are responsible for tracking your own delivery.
- Insurance is added, but if lost or damaged, you will have to file a claim with the Post Office. Univair cannot file a claim for you.
- You accept all responsibility for lost, delayed or damaged packages. In the event your order is late or doesn't make it to you at all, you will have to contact the Post Office yourself. Univair customer service will be unable to help you, as it is the USPS's policy to accept claims only from the recipient (you), not the sender (Univair). For more information on the claims process, see the article Lost or Damaged Shipments.
- Univair will not refund shipping costs on any packages shipped through the USPS, for any reason. Use at your own risk.