Free On Board (FOB) Shipments
All orders are shipped Free On Board (FOB) Origin from Aurora, Colorado, USA. That means product ownership and risk of loss passes to you as soon as it is loaded onto a delivery vehicle at our facility. Univair is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen shipments. However, we can handle the claims process for you depending on which carrier was used.
It is your responsibility to be present when your order is delivered. Univair is not responsible for replacing or refunding any stolen goods once the tracking number shows that the shipment has been delivered. If you believe a package has been stolen after it was delivered, you will need to file a claim with the carrier, and contact your local police precinct to further the matter.
Lost or Damaged During Shipping
If a shipment is lost or damaged during transit, a claim will need to be made with the carrier. Depending on which carrier was used, Univair may or may not handle the claim for you. FedEx, UPS and the U.S. Postal Service all require claims to be made within 60 days of the shipment date.
Filing a Claim
The process for filing a claim with the different carriers is as follows:
|If the order is shipped via:
|Who files the claim?
|UPS or FedEx
|Contact Univair and we will handle the claims process.
|United States Postal Service (USPS)
|The customer must file their own claim with the post office. Visit their website for information on starting the claims process.
|Truck, air, or ocean freight
|Contact Univair and we will handle the claims process for you.
- !!! IMPORTANT: INSPECT YOUR OUTER PACKAGING AND THE CONTENTS FOR DAMAGE BEFORE ACCEPTING DELIVERY !!!
- Once you sign for the delivery, you are accepting the shipment AS IS and take responsibility for any damage. If you sign for the shipment and later find something is damaged, the freight company will deny your claim.
- If you notice damage to the packaging and/or product(s), make a note on the delivery receipt BEFORE signing it.
- If it is severely damaged you can refuse delivery and the shipment will be returned to Univair. Once we receive the item(s), we will contact you regarding a refund or replacement.
FedEx and UPS Deliveries
- We do not require a signature for FedEx and UPS shipments, however we recommend that you be present at time of delivery to inspect your packages for damage.
- Claims for lost or damaged items must be made with Univair as soon as possible.
- We will require photos of the damage before we start the claims process. Photos must clearly show any damage to the packaging as well as the part(s). Contact a Univair sales representative for further requirements.