All orders are shipped Free On Board (FOB) Origin from Aurora, Colorado, USA. That means product ownership and risk of loss passes to you as soon as it is loaded onto a delivery vehicle at our facility.
If a shipment is lost or damaged during transit, a claim will need to be made with the carrier. The claims process for the different carriers is as follows:
|If the order is shipped via:||Who files the claim?|
|UPS or FedEx||Contact Univair and we will handle the claims process.|
|United States Postal Service (USPS)||You must file your own claim with the post office. Visit their website for information on starting the claims process.|
|Truck, air, or ocean freight||You must file your own claim with the freight company.|
- IMPORTANT: INSPECT YOUR ORDER FOR DAMAGE BEFORE ACCEPTING DELIVERY.
- Once you sign for the delivery, you are accepting the shipment AS IS and take responsibility for any damage. If you sign for the shipment and later find something is damaged, the freight company will deny your claim.
- If you notice damage to the packaging and/or product(s), make a note on the delivery receipt BEFORE signing it.
- If it is severely damaged you can refuse delivery and the shipment will be returned to Univair. Once we receive the item(s), we will contact you regarding a refund or replacement.
FedEx and UPS Deliveries
- We do not require a signature for FedEx and UPS shipments, however we recommend that you be present at time of delivery to inspect your packages for damage.
- Claims for lost or damaged items must be made with Univair as soon as possible.
- We will require photos of the damage before we start the claims process. Photos must clearly show any damage to the packaging as well as the part(s). Contact a Univair sales representative for further requirements.