The following information is pertinent to Univair customers whose shipping address is outside of the United States.
- Payment must be made in U.S. dollars at the time your order is placed. We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express credit and debit cards, PayPal, checks, bank transfers, and money orders. More detailed information can be found in the Accepted Payment Methods article.
- Dealer Accounts will be invoiced per the terms of your account.
- F.O.B. Origin: All orders are shipped Free On Board Origin, which means product ownership and risk of loss passes to you as soon as it leaves our factory in Aurora, Colorado, USA. If an order is lost or damaged during transit, a claim must be filed with the delivery carrier, not with Univair. Depending on the carrier used, Univair may be able to handle the claims process for you. For more information, please read the Lost, Stolen or Damaged Shipments article for more details.
- Brokers: We will ship to your broker if you provide such information at the time your order is placed.
- Delivery Times: At this time Univair does not offer expedited shipping options to customers outside the United States. The only options available are Standard and Freight shipping, which do not come with transit time guarantees. Univair will not refund or reduce your shipping costs if the carrier fails to deliver your order in a timely manner.
- Customs Delays: Delays in customs are the responsibility of the customer. Univair will not refund or reduce your shipping costs due to delays caused by any country's Customs agency.
Additional Shipping Costs and Export Fees
- Packing Charges: No charge is made for packing Parcel Post, air shipments, and most truck shipments. Crating charges will be assessed on ocean freight shipments and large items requiring a wood crate for shipping.
- Wood Crate Charges for European Union Countries: Customers who reside in EU member countries will be charged an additional crating expense on orders requiring wooden crates. EU regulations require specially treated wood to prevent the infestation of the pinewood nematode. Prices will be determined by size and the cost from our supplier. These orders may require an additional 7 to 10 working days to obtain these crates from our supplier.
- Export Documentation Fees (8130-3): For all international orders, a 3% export documentation fee (minimum of $3.00) will be added for Documentation of Airworthiness (form 8130-3) for civil aviation authorities in the customer's country. An additional $0.75 per item will be assessed for some countries due to extra documentation required by the country's aviation authority.
- If 8130-3 paperwork is NOT required, you must make a note in the comment section during checkout, otherwise by default we will include it and add the appropriate charges to your order total.
- Also note, if you cancel the 8130-3 paperwork when placing your order, Univair cannot send it separately after the order has shipped if you should change your mind later. The items will have to be returned to Univair at your expense, at which time Univair will then issue the 8130-3 paperwork and reship the parts again, also at your expense.
- Univair does not collect or remit Customs Duties, import tariffs, sales/VAT taxes, etc. when shipping to other countries. These costs are the sole responsibility of the customer.
Exporting Hazardous Materials
- Due to the prohibitive cost of packing, shipping, and export documentation, Univair does not ship HAZMAT items internationally. See the Restrictions on Shipping Hazmat Items article for more details.