The following information is pertinent to Univair customers whose shipping address is outside of the United States.
- For retail customers payment must be made in U.S. funds at the time your order is placed. We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express credit and debit cards, PayPal, checks, bank transfers and money orders. More detailed information can be found in the Accepted Payment Methods article.
- Dealer Accounts will be invoiced per the terms of your account.
- F.O.B. Origin: All orders are shipped Free On Board Origin, which means product ownership and risk of loss passes to you as soon as it leaves our factory in Aurora, Colorado, USA. If an order is lost or damaged during transit, you must file a claim with the delivery carrier, not with Univair. For more information, please read the Lost or Damaged Shipments article.
- Brokers: We will ship to your broker if you provide such information.
- Parcel Post Weight Limits: Weight limits for International Parcel Post varies from country to country. The maximum weight is 44 pounds for most countries, with some countries being just 22 pounds. Check with your postal authorities. Packages that weigh more than the Parcel Post maximum will be shipped via another method (UPS, FedEx, or Freight) at Univair's discretion. For details on shipping via parcel post, please see the article titled Can you ship my order through the postal service?
Additional Shipping Costs and Export Fees
- Packing Charges: No charge is made for packing Parcel Post, air shipments, and most truck shipments. Crating charges will be assessed on ocean freight shipments and large items requiring a wood crate for shipping.
- Crate Charges for European Union Countries: Customers who reside in EU member countries will be charged an additional crating expense on orders requiring wooden crates. EU regulations require specially treated wood to prevent the infestation of the pinewood nematode. Prices will be determined by size and the cost from our supplier. These orders may require an additional 7 to 10 working days to obtain these crates from our supplier.
- Export Documentation Fees (8130-3): For all international orders, a 3% export documentation fee (minimum of $3.00) will be added for Documentation of Airworthiness (form 8130-3) for civil aviation authorities in the customer's country. An additional $0.75 per item will be assessed for some countries due to extra documentation required by the country's aviation authority.
- If 8130-3 paperwork is NOT required, you must make a note in the comment section during checkout, otherwise by default we will include it and add the appropriate charges to your order total.
- Also note, if you cancel the 8130-3 paperwork when placing your order, Univair cannot send it separately after the order has shipped if you should change your mind later. The items will have to be returned to Univair at your expense, at which time Univair will then issue the 8130-3 paperwork and reship the parts, again, at your expense.
- Univair does not collect or remit Customs Duties, import tariffs, etc. when shipping to other countries. These costs are the sole responsibility of the customer.
Exporting Hazardous Materials
- Due to the prohibitive cost of packing, shipping, and export documentation, Univair will not ship HAZMAT items internationally. See the Restricitons on Shipping Hazmat Items article for more details.